HOSTILE BREED have presented the tenatively tracklisting and cover' of "The Second Cut" album. Moscow-based, Russia art-studio "Traum" worked on the cover and inlay. For creation of cover picture were used photos of real 3-D models, false eye, which band's participants stole from the morgue and gave the designers. April, 2004 release trough Irond Records is expected.
01. Intro 02. Die Inside 03. Resonance 04. Visions 05. Promethean 06. Wound Of Soul 07. Show Me The Road (feat. Steev Esquivel) 08. Civilization Of Hatred 09. Color Of Freedom 10. Pseudo Life 11. Like A Bullet
AYREON, the brainchild of Dutch guitarist Arjen Lucassen (ex-BODINE, VENGEANCE), have revealed the cast of characters included in the storyline on the group's forthcoming CD, "Ayreon: The Human Equation", and the singers performing them. They are as follows: James LaBrie (DREAM THEATER): "Me" Marcela Bovio (ELFONIA): His "Wife" Arjen Lucassen: His "Best Friend" Mike Baker (SHADOW GALLERY): His "Father" Mikael Akerfeldt (OPETH): "Fear" Eric Clayton (SAVIOUR MACHINE): "Reason" Irene Jansen (KARMA): "Passion" Magnus Ekwall (THE QUILL): "Pride" Heather Findlay (MOSTLY AUTUMN): "Love" Devon Graves (DEAD SOUL TRIBE): "Agony" Devin Townsend (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD): "Rage"
"Ayreon: The Human Equation" is tentatively due in May through Inside Out Records.
Norway's EINHERJER have officially called it a day. The following is the group's statement on the matter:
"After 11 years, 4 albums and 2 mini-albums, we've decided to split up EINHERJER. We feel that we've made the album we wanted with "Blot" and therefore a journey of 11 years has come to an end. We would like to thank everybody who has supported us through the years. For us, it is time to move on. We are definitively not retiring as musicians, so you haven't heard the last from us yet…" "Regards, Frode, Aksel & Gerhard".
MANTAS featuring Jeff Mantas - VENOM founder and guitarist and Tony 'Demolition' Dolan former ATOMKRAFT mainman and VENOM Bass/Vocalist have been, together with the rest of the MANTAS Band deep in rehearsals for their forthcoming appearences. The new album "Zero Tolerance" will now be released on April 26th through Demolition records.
The track list is as follows:
01. Zero Tolerance 02. Rage 03. Drill 04. Kill It 05. Look Who Died 06. Stone Cold 07. Original Sin 08. Rise 09. Insanity 10. Bring It On
The band are appearing in the USA at the New Jersey and Minnesota Metalfest's in March. They also play a series of shows in California, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Oakland. They will shoot the video single for Rage on the 6th and 7th of March. June will see the band on tour in Europe and back to the USA in July for the Milwaukee Metalfest. To end current speculation, Mantas himself is not recording any new VENOM material! Nor does he intend to at least with his last lineup! Abaddon is also not involved in the project as far as we have been told. There will be special Venom additions to the MANTAS live appearences so be there!
An MP3 clip of the brand-new NECARE track "Ruin"' been posted online. "Ruin" comes off the Virginia-based doom/death metallers' debut CD of the same name, due out in the next couple of months through Finland's Firebox Records.
CRADLE OF FILTH bassist Dave Pybus has posted the following message on the band's official web site: "Hell-O Friends! As you may well have already heard CRADLE OF FILTH recently signed a worldwide recording deal with the mighty Roadrunner Records and we are now in the final stages of pre-production for our first full-length album with them, due out this summer, 2004. Currently titled 'Nymphetamine' (meaning: beast-like addiction to beautiful, classical women), it once again sees us pushing our own mentally deranged musical vision to the next ear-crushing level. The line-up consists of the same 5 core members of the 'Damnation and a Day' session (Dani, Paul Allender, Martin Powell, Adrian Erlandsson and myself) and the addition of James McKillboy as our second guitarist. As I write, we are demoing something like 15-16 tracks, albeit not all of which will appear on the finished album but will all be released in some shape or form over the next year."
The title track to SOULFLY's upcoming fourth full-length album, "Prophecy"' , has been made available for download in MP3 format. As previously reported, "Prophecy" is scheduled for release on March 30 through Roadrunner Records. The album was produced by mainman Max Cavalera at The Saltmine Studio Oasis in Mesa, Arizona and was mixed by Terry Date (DEFTONES, PANTERA) at Studio X in Seattle, Washington.
PECCATUM, the Norwegian band featuring former EMPEROR frontman Ihsahn and his wife Ihriel, will release their new album, "Lost In Reverie", through Mnemosyne Records during the coming weeks. The follow-up to 2001's "Amor Fati" was recorded and mixed at Symphonique studio and was produced and engineered by Ihriel and Ihsahn. Mastering duties were handled at Strype Audio by Tom Kvalsvoll.
"Lost In Reverie" track listing:
01. Desolate Ever After (lyrics' ) 02. In The Bodiless Heart (lyrics' ) 03. Parasite My Heart (lyrics' ) 04. Veils Of Blue (lyrics' ) 05. Black Star (lyrics' ) 06. Stillness (lyrics' ) 07. The Banks Of This River Is Night (lyrics' )
Ukrainian doom/death metal band sent off the guitarist. New guitarist is now Oleg Baranov (SUBCONSCIOS VOID). Now group is fully in rehearsing with the new line-up. Next week musicians begin to record the demo tracks Dark Prophet and Law, which will apper on new album. In other news NOCTURNAL DOMINIUM will visit on the 19th of March Gomel, Belarus, March, 21st will play in native Cherhigov, Ukraine and then go to Moldova.
Dutch black metallers SAURON have set "For A Dead Race" as the title of their second full-length album, tentatively due in late 2004 through Neurotic Records. The follow-up to 2003's "Universe Of Filth" will be recorded at Double Noise Studio in April and will be "more mature, more diverse and most of all more angry" than its predecessor, according to the group. "Expect eight devastating black metal tracks with a variety of tempo changes." Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "For A Dead Race", "Prey For Destruction", "Scars Of Existence", "Dominions Of The Past" and "The Pestilantial March".
Swedish metallers WOLF have posted two MP3 samples from their third full-length album, "Evil Star", at their official web site: "Evil Star" (mp3' ), "Black Wing Rider" (mp3' ). "Evil Star" will be released in Scandinavia on February 25 through MNW/No Fashion Records. A U.S. release through Prosthetic Records is expected at a later date. The follow-up to 2002's "Black Wings" was produced by Peter Tagtgren (HYPOCRISY, PAIN) at Abyss studios in Sweden and features artwork by Thomas Holm.
Sweden's LAKE OF TEARS will enter the studio on Friday, February 13 to begin recording the follow-up to 2002's "The Neonai", entitled "Black Brick Road". "The album cover will be done by the brilliant artist Kristian Wahlin, who [has] painted all of the previous LAKE OF TEARS covers except 'Forever Autumn'," according to a post on the band's web site. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "The Greymen", "Black Brick Road", "Making Evenings", "Crazyman" and "A Trip With The Moon".
Swedish band, handled by Magnus Karlsson present their 3rd album. Fans of power metal won't be disappointed. The album was originally released last year through Frontiers Records, and now it's out for CIS states, thanks to CD-Maximum.
01. Healer 02. The Chosen One 03. Sacrifice 04. The Uncrowned 05. Otherworld 06. April Sky 07. Sound Of Rain 08. Only The Innocent 09. Full Moon 10. Call Of The Tribe
Group from Murmansk, Russia have released their third album, "Argotique" through CD-Maximum. "Argotique" was recorded together with musicians from DEMIURG (ex-SIVER) - Alexx W. Crow [vocal], Wladislaw [sampling/programming, guitar] и Archturo [guitar]. Bonus track - dark-wave remix on cult song of MY DYING BRIDE - Sear Me ("Turn Loose the Swans" album, '93).
01. Intro 02. Get Loved 03. State of Gothique [I Feel] 04. The Saint 05. Take Me High 06. Fatalia 07. Don't Promise Me 08. Cleansed by Curse [dedicated to K-141 "Kursk"] 09. Sear Me [Argotique re-make]
DRAGONLAND, the Gothenburg, Sweden-based melodic metal sextet, have signed a multi-album worldwide deal with Century Media Records. "We are really happy to have found a new home with Century Media Records," stated DRAGONLAND lead guitarist/founder Nicklas Magnusson. Formed in 1999, DRAGONLAND have released two albums via the Greek label Black Lotus Records ("The Battle Of The Ivory Plains" and "Holy War") and have toured Japan (May 2003). Most of the musicians are known for their involvement with bands like PROPHANITY (Nicklas Magnusson) or NIGHTSHADE (bassist Christer Pedersen). In addition to playing with IRONWARE, keyboardist Elias Holmlid toured with KING DIAMOND and recorded keyboards for FALCONER's second album. DRAGONLAND are currently working on the material for their third album, tentatively due in the fall. "Needless to say, it will be our best material ever," stated Nicklas.
Norwegian cult extreme metal band ANCIENT have set "Night Visit" as the title of their sixth album, due on June 1 through Metal Blade Records. The follow-up to 2001's "Proxima Centauri" was recorded at Mirage and Alpha-Omega studios and is currently being mixed at Studio Fredman in Gothenburg, Sweden with producer Fredrik Nordstrom (HAMMERFALL, IN FLAMES, DIMMU BORGIR, SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, etc.). A video for the title track will be shot later this month in London, England. The album, which will also be released as a limited-edition "special pack," will reportedly contain 10 new tracks — three written by Jesus Christ and the remaining seven by Aphazel, Dhilorz and Grom.
Among the songtitles set to appear on the CD are the following:
01. Envision The Beast 02. Fuel The Flames 03. Raping The Children Of Abel 04. Night Visit
JUDAS PRIEST have announced the details of their four-disc box set, "Metalogy", due on May 4 through Sony Music/Legacy Records. The 65-song collection comprises hits, favorites, B-sides and rarities recorded by the veteran heavy metal act between 1972 and 2002, according to Billboard.com. The box will include a full-color book with the band's discography and a biographical essay will also feature a timeline and previously unpublished photos. Initial pressings of "Metalogy" will also include a bonus DVD of a Dec. 12, 1982, concert in Memphis during the band's "Screaming for Vengeance" tour. Previously released on VHS as "Judas Priest Live", the long-out-of-print concert film is reissued here in 5.1 surround sound.
"Metalogy" track listing:
01. Never Satisfied (4:52) 02. Deceiver (2:44) 03. Tyrant (4:39) 04. Victim Of Changes (Live) (7:11) 05. Diamonds & Rust (Live)** (3:28) 06. Starbreaker (Live)** (7:19) 07. Sinner (6:40) 08. Let Us Prey (6:12) 09. Dissident Aggressor (3:02) 10. Exciter (5:33) 11. Beyond The Realms Of Death (6:51) 12. Better By You Better Than Me (5:19) 13. Invader (4:10) 14. Stained Class (5:12) 15. The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown) (Live)* (4:42)
01. Killing Machine (3:02) 02. Evening Star (4:06) 03. Take On The World (3:03) 04. Delivering The Goods (4:16) 05. Evil Fantasies (4:13) 06. Hell Bent For Leather (2:40) 07. Breaking The Law (Live)** (2:45) 08. Living After Midnight (3:30) 09. Rapid Fire (4:00) 10. Metal Gods (4:04) 11. Grinder (Live)* (4:21) 12. The Rage (4:44) 13. Heading Out To The Highway (3:45) 14. Hot Rockin' (Live)** (3:28) 15. Trouble Shooter (3:47) 16. Solar Angels (4:03) 17. Desert Plains (4:36) 18. Hellion (Live)** / Electric Eye (Live)** (4:17) 19. Screaming For Vengeance (4:43)
01. Riding On The Wind (3:07) 02. Bloodstone (3:52) 03. You've Got Another Thing Comin' (5:09) 04. Devil's Child (4:48) 05. Freewheel Burning (4:42) 06. Jawbreaker (3:25) 07. The Sentinel (5:24) 08. Love Bites (Live)* (5:37) 09. Eat Me Alive (3:31) 10. Some Heads Are Gonna Roll (4:05) 11. Rock Hard Ride Free (5:00) 12. Night Comes Down (4:00) 13. Turbo Lover (5:32) 14. Private Property (4:29) 15. Parental Guidance (3:35) 16. Out In The Cold (6:27) 17. Heart Of A Lion (demo)* (3:53)
01. Ram It Down (4:48) 02. Heavy Metal (5:58) 03. Come & Get It (4:05) 04. Blood Red Skies (7:05) 05. Painkiller (6:06) 06. Between The Hammer & The Anvil (4:48) 07. Touch Of Evil (5:54) 08. Metal Meltdown (4:47) 09. Nightcrawler (5:44) 10. All Guns Blazing (3:57) 11. Jugulator (5:50) 12. Bloodstains (5:26) 13. Machine Man (5:15) 14. Feed On Me (5:28)
*Previously Unreleased **First Time On CD
01. Hellion/Electric Eye 02. Riding on the Wind 03. Heading Out to the Highway 04. Metal Gods 05. Bloodstone 06. Breaking the Law 07. The Sinner 08. Desert Plains 09. The Ripper 10. Diamonds and Rust 11. Devil's Child 12. Screaming for Vengeance 13. You've Got Another Thing Comin' 14. Victim of Changes 15. Living After Midnight 16. The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown) 17. Hell Bent for Leather
THE HAUNTED have won a Swedish "Grammy" award in the "Best Hard Rock" category for their 2003 release "One Kill Wonder". The highly acclaimed thrashers, who were recently rejoined by original vocalist Peter Dolving, beat out the likes of OPETH, MUSTASCH, EVERGREY and BACKYARD BABIES to win the award, which was presented to the group at the official "Grammisgala" ceremony, held at Berns Salonger in Stockholm Monday night (Feb. 9). The following is a list of the Swedish "Grammy" winners in the "Best Hard Rock" category for the previous 11 years:
2002: OPETH – "Deliverance" 2001: BACKYARD BABIES - "Making Enemies Is Good" 2000: THE HAUNTED - "The Haunted Made Me Do It" 1999: LOK - "Naken, Blastrad Och Skitsur" 1998: BACKYARD BABIES - "Total 13" 1997: MISERY LOVES CO. - "Not Like Them" 1996: HELLACOPTERS - "Supershitty To The Max" 1995: FIRESIDE - "Do Not Tailgate" 1994: MARY BEATS JANE - "Mary Beats Jane" 1993: CLAWFINGER - "Deaf Dumb Blind" 1992: SATOR – "Headquake"
To see a complete list of the winners at this year's Swedish "Grammy" awards, click here' .
IN FLAMES vocalist Anders Friden and guitarist Bjorn Gelotte will be conducting an autograph session at the Nuclear Blast record store in Donzdorf, Germany, on Tuesday, February 17. The session will start at 6:00 p.m. IN FLAMES' new album, "Soundtrack To Your Escape", is due in North America on April 6 through Nuclear Blast Records. The CD will arrive in Europe one week earlier (March 29).
A brand new DISMEMBER track, titled "Where Ironcrosses Grow", has been posted online in the < MEDIA > section of the new Karmageddon Media website www.karmageddonmedia.com' "Where Ironcrosses Grow" is the title track of DISMEMBER's long-awaited new album, to be released on the 8th of March through Karmageddon Media. The follow-up to 2000's "Hate Campaign" was recorded at Stockholm's Sami studio and features artwork by acclaimed artist Dan Seagrave (ENTOMBED, SUFFOCATION, MORBID ANGEL).
01. Where Ironcrosses Grow 02. Forged With Hate 03. Me-God 04. Tragedy Of The Faithful 05. Chasing The Seprent 06. Where Angels Fear To Tread 07. Sword Of Light 08. As The Coins Upon Your Eyes 09. Children Of The Cross 10. As I Pill The Trigger
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM are scheduled to release their long-awaited live DVD in late April/early May through the Cleopatra label. The as-yet-untitled disc is expected to include footage of the band performing at the Bash On Ash in Tempe, Arizona last July. In other news, the METALLICA tribute DVD — featuring FLOTSAM's rendition of "Damage Inc." — "should be scheduled for release very soon," according to FLOTSAM drummer Craig Nielsen. "A couple of different bigger labels are looking at picking it up."
Portuguese avantgarde metallers THANATOSCHIZO have set "Turbulence" as the title of their forthcoming third album, tentatively due this summer through Rage Of Achilles Records (Portugal will receive the album this spring through Misdeed Records). The follow-up to 2002's "InsomniousNightLift" was recorded at Porto's Rec N' Roll Studios with producer Luis Barros (drummer for AFM Records recording artists TARANTULA) and will be mastered at Germany's Area 51 studios by the legendary producer Tommy Newton (HELLOWEEN, CONCEPTION, VICTORY, ELEGY, ARK, TEN).
Italian "pagan metal" act ELVENKING have posted the cover art (painted by Duncan Storr) for their new album, "Wyrd", at this location' . "Wyrd" was mixed in December at the House Of Music facility in Stuttgart, Germany with producer Achim Kohler (PRIMAL FEAR, BRAINSTORM) and is tentatively due on March 15 through AFM Records.
The follow-up to 2001's "Heathenreel" will contain the following cuts:
01. A Poem for the Firmament 02. Another Haven 03. Disappearing Sands 04. A Fiery Stride 05. Jigsaw Puzzle 06. The Losers' Ball 07. Moonchariot 08. Midnight Circus 09. Pathfinders 10. The Perpetual Knot 11. The Silk Dilemma 12. Waves of Infinite Skies
AVAILABLE NOW! The debut album of Russian unholy sympho death metal band ACT OF GOD - “…For Demon”. Code: OUP-11 MC Release date: 5 February 2004 Edition: Limited 1000 Style: Symphonic Death Metal with female back vocals, as if NIGHTWISH play death metal Retail / Wholesale prices (incl. Postage): 5 USD / 2 USD Total time: 29’06” Cover: Pro-printed glossy with blasphemous lyrics and band photos Label: OUPIRIC Productions Label contact: Michael Nickolayev, PO Box 340, Kaluga-02, 248002 RUSSIA E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org'
Steev Esquivel (SKINLAB) and sound engineer Chris Hanson (MACHIENE HEAD, TECHNOCRACY, VIO-LENCE), finished the recordings of vocal parties for the song with working title "Show Me The Road", which you will hear on the second album of Moscow-based group HOSTILE BREED -"The Second Cut". The material was sent to Denmark for final mix. Jacob Hansen don't only mix the stuff, but also will do some guitar parties and will do the programming of the album. There will be also guest back vocalist for Color Of Freedom song - singer of Danish band SACRIFICIAL. Art studio Traum from Moscow continues to work on the cover artwork and layout. Russian edition will feature additional surprises.